Stand With Haiti

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Eating Out


OK, so I've been spending WAY too much money eating out lately (not to mention how unhealthy it is for Christina and I).  Mainly it's just eating out with friends, grabbing lunch while we're hanging out together.  For the sake of our health and pocketbook, I'm going to have to start eating at home more.  The problem of course, is what do I do when I'm hanging out with my friends and it's lunch time?  If we're at my place, I could always whip up some sandwiches and chips for us, but what about when we're out and about?  I would feel a bit wierd brining a sack lunch with me, and I KNOW I'd have a very hard time resisting getting something if my friend wanted to eat out!

So if you're my friend and you're reading this, let me know if you have any ideas.  I NEED to make a change, but I need my friends on board too!

2 comments:

The Momma said...

I'm totally with you on this! We need to each commit to stocking our homes with stuff to make lunch boxes for when we're out on playdates. And it's the kind of food that we can eat whether we're out or home. I just need to motivate myself to get the stuff bought. Maybe even prepack the things that lend themselves: portioned sacks/containers of carrots and celery, nuts, etc. I guess we should take advantage of the fact too that at their age, they don't care if they're eating a constructed sandwich or if we toss slices of coldcuts in a sack for them to eat with their fingers. Winds up being the same and is easier to grab on the go. WE CAN DO IT!

Ashley said...

Well it'll be easy to stop doing it with me very soon, since I'll be starting Nutrisystem next week and won't be able to eat out for awhile. :) So hopefully that will help both of us! I just don't know how I'll be able to tell Kirsten that we won't be getting fries when we go see Kristina. She always wants them!