Stand With Haiti

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A day with my two favorite people

I awoke this morning to find that Sean decided to stay home from work today.  We decided to go out for some breakfast at Denny's (BTW, this is the second time we've had bad service and some kind of bad food at this particular location, so I don't know that we'll be going back anytime soon).  But it was nice to have breakfast together just the same.  Afterwards, we all went to run some errands together and then came back home.

After that Sean decided to try out his new Xbox game that he just bought (that was one of our errands!), so Christina and I went upstairs to play (It's a rather violent game, so I thought we should hang out away from the TV).

It's funny the little games Christina comes up with.  There have been several occasions where she'll tuck a particular stuffed animal in under a blanket.  Then she'll uncover it's face and whisper to it, "I'll be right back," and then cover it up completely.  After that she'll walk across the room or out of the room, only to come right back, uncover the animal, then start the process all over again, tucking it back in.  This will go on for several minutes.  Obviously she's quite interested in the concept of "coming right back."  It is something that I say to her fairly often, whether I'm leaving to go to Bible study or just to go take out the garbage.

Today was more of a peek-a-boo day.  For quite some time, Christina and I played a "game" where she would hide under the blanket and I would have a little stuffed bear "walking" over the blanket to find her, eventually uncovering her and then the bear would give her kisses all over her face.  This elicited lots of giggles, so it went on for a while.
At one point she decided to climb into her toy box for a rest.
 
After our play session, Christina and I went in the car to pick up some lunch for all of us...
 
and then we (Christina and I) took a nice, long nap.  I'm getting over a pretty nasty cold, and I haven't slept very well the last few nights, so the nap was much-needed.
Lately I've been having quite a few "challenging" days with Christina.  There have been more than our average amount of time-outs, as she seems to be going through quite a defiant phase (God, I hope it's a phase!).  But today was just a great, mellow day.  Sure, there were a couple of times when we (Sean or I) had to threaten a time-out, but it never actually happened, and right now, that's a great day.

No comments: