Stand With Haiti

Monday, September 14, 2009

Eating habits

Christina's favorite foods (not to say she eats ALL of these foods everyday, although I'm sure she would if she could!):
Pirate's Booty, Pop Tarts, Snapea Crisps, Pizza crust
Ice Cream
 
Sunchips, M&Ms, Cookies,
Goldfish crackers
 
Potato Chips, Cake, Brownies
Cheese crackers with peanut butter
 
 And of course her absolute favorite - FRENCH FRIES!
Christina's "sometimes" foods (sometimes she wants them, sometimes not):
Saltines with Peanut Butter, Tortillas, sips of whatever soup I'm having,
Cheerios
Almonds, Hamburger Buns, Chicken Nuggets
Teddy Grahams/Graham crackers
And Christina's "never" foods (These are the things she completely refuses to eat, and I have tried all the tricks I can think of!):
Fruits (fresh or dried, although she has been known to occasionally eat dried apple chips)
"Here Sigrid, have this applesauce - I don't want it."
Veggies (fresh or cooked - at this point all I can get her to eat is the Flat Earth brand chips, which claim to have a half serving of veggies in every ounce), 
Milk, Eggs
To balance out this obviously uneven diet, I try to get her to eat a "Bugs Bunny" vitamin once a day.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I just hope she'll branch out as she gets older and at least TRY some healthier foods.  As it is now, sometimes I'll hand her a piece of fruit or veggie to try, and before she even puts it in her mouth, she'll say "I don't like it."  I try to convince her that she can't know if she likes it if she hasn't even tried it, but she won't have any of it.  But I'm not giving up!

No comments: