Stand With Haiti

Friday, October 9, 2009

Our day with Daddy (a sequel to "Our weekend without Daddy")

Sean got home from his trip to Canada late Sunday night, and since he had already requested the day off Monday, we decided to go to breakfast.  I got a couple cute pictures while we were there, and I learned just how much Christina likes having her picture taken.  (I don't remember if I've mentioned it before, but just about every time I tell Christina that she looks cute doing/wearing something, she says "Wanna take a picture?")

Sean was sitting with his arm around Christina, and they looked so cute, I decided I wanted to take a picture.  By that time, Sean had moved his arm away, so Christina pulled his arm back around her to get in the perfect pose!

And as soon as I was done taking the picture, she pushed his arm away, as if she were saying "OK, I'm done with you now!"

A little while later I noticed that Christina was copying the way Sean was posed while sitting at the table, so I just had to get a picture of that too!

Then Sean hammed it up a little, copying Christina.  (Have you noticed that in most of the pictures I take of Christina, she's wearing a big, FAKE smile?  She knows that when the camera comes out, it's time to put on your happy face!  This makes it very hard to get candid shots of her.)

After breakfast we all headed over to the ice rink, because Sean wanted to get some skating practice in before his hockey game on Friday.  I planned for Christina and I to stay and watch Daddy skate for a little bit and then head to a nearby park to play until he was done.  But Christina decided that she wanted to stay at the ice rink the whole time, watching Sean and getting some chips from the vending machine to snack on.

When we first went into the rink, the lady at the front desk asked us if Christina wanted to skate, because it's free for kids under 5.  We said no, but then we got to talking about it.  The more Christina heard, the more she wanted to try it out.  But Sean and I decided that we definitely needed to get her a helmet before we would let her try ice skating.

So after Sean was done, we all headed over to Fred Meyer and bought Christina a bike helmet, which came with elbow and knee pads, and some mittens.  (She's already got a winter coat and warm pants.)  So the next time Sean wants to go skating, Christina can have a try too!  I figure I'll sit on the sidelines, because
1)  I'm not a good skater at all, so having her hold my hand would probably be more dangerous than helpful!
and
2)  My guess is, she won't want to stay on the ice for more than 5 or 10 minutes, at least at first, so it wouldn't make sense for me to pay to skate for such a short time.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to seeing her out there, or if I'm just totally nervous and scared about it!

When we got home, it was time for Christina's nap, and when she woke up, she wanted to try on her new stuff!

The rest of the day was spent at home (except for Christina and I going grocery shopping like we do every Monday evening), but we had a great time hanging out with Daddy!

No comments: