Stand With Haiti

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Happiest Toddler on the Block: The New Way to Stop the Daily Battle of Wills and Raise a Secure and Well-Behaved One- to Four-Year-Old The Happiest Toddler on the Block: The New Way to Stop the Daily Battle of Wills and Raise a Secure and Well-Behaved One- to Four-Year-Old by Harvey Karp


My rating: 1 of 5 stars
The farther I got in this book, the less I liked it. Many of the authors methods - like "Patience Stretching" - are very manipulative. He even admits that it may seem like teasing, but he says that because a toddler's brain works differently than an adult's, it's actually an effective exercise. This guy does not follow Attachment Parenting at all, and a lot of what he advocates just makes me uncomfortable.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: